Most Commonly Purchased Clothing
(all oceans, in terms of quantity purchased, July 2009)
Male hat: 1. Bandana. 2. Musketeer hat.
Male torso: 1. Plain shirt. 2. Striped shirt.
Male legs: 1. Loose pants with sash. 2. Stripey knickers.
Male feet: 1. Boots. 2. Fancy boots.
Female hat: 1. Bandana. 2. Widebrimmed hat.
Female torso: 1. Plain shirt. 2. Striped shirt.
Female legs: 1. Long dress bottom. 2. Flare pants.
Female feet: 1. Boots. 2. Fancy boots.
OceanMasters Who I Find To Be Commendably Huggy:
OceanMasters Who Call Me A Dirty Hippy For Hugging People So Much:
* Nemesis (she teases because she loves)
OceanMasters Most Likely To Tackle People Just For Giggles:
* Nemesis ("Tackling != hugging. Tackling = AWESOME")
OceanMasters Most Likely To Be Mean To People Just For Giggles:
Some Of The Players I'd Like To Have As Skype Contacts:
No, really. I had a list of players here. These were mostly players involved in events in some way. I didn't get permission from any of them to post their names, so I hope I didn't cause any of them any embarrassment!
Number Of Ships Per Ocean:
(not including Dread Ringer ships, at 31st July 2009)
* Midnight 68,369
* Cobalt 39,339
* Viridian 50,797
* Sage 43,802
* Hunter 29,437
* Malachite 8,980
* Opal 5,608
* Jade 412
* Crimson 976
Number Of Ships Per Type:
(for above oceans, not including Dread Ringer ships, at 31st July 2009)
* Sloop 138,087
* Dhow 7,248
* Cutter 24,086
* Longship 5,270
* Baghlah 6,166
* Merchant brig 11,031
* War brig 29,343
* Merchant galleon 2,749
* Xebec 1,890
* War frigate 18,478
* Grand frigate 3,372
A Few Things You May Not Know:
* We do not see the "feedback" section on petitions - this is for review purposes not for support purposes, so the OM dealing with your petition does not see any information you put there
* For the purposes of greeter eligibility, we can remove the effects of a blackspot, but not the effects of a suspension
* When doing a duty shift, we can be covering anything from 2 oceans to 7 oceans.
* Some of us enjoy working during the day, some of us prefer to work at night
* There are a number of OM children
* We can whisk to a location (e.g. a ship) by name, but we can't specify which location if there are duplicate names. So if we whisk onto a ship, shout OOPS and whisk off again, it's likely that we were heading for a ship of duplicate name!
* The oceans tend to have different characters and tone. Given a set of petitions and complaints with the ocean stripped off, we could probably have a good guess at which ocean they were from. This works to the extent that we get a kind of out-of-phase feeling when someone jumps onto a different ocean to petition about something...
* We will always make changes to crew names, flag names, shoppe names, etc, to correct errors of spelling, punctuation or capitalizaton - free of charge
* We have OceanMasters working in 8 different time zones
Some Ringer Googlisms
* Artemis is extraordinary to begin with
* Demeter is one kitten I would not like to get into a fight with
* Hermes is fully featured but simple to use
* Mnemosyne is built for long range missions
* Castor is not a legume
* Endymion is a romp
* Bia is not a federal court
* Eurydice is simply one aspect of the affair
* Hypnos is the sweetest little parakeet ever
* Nemesis is nothing like the poetry of Frank o'Hara
* Prometheus is publicly traded
* Apollo is like a cosmic cheerleader
* Glaucus is a distinct species
* Aphrodite is king of the beats
* Hephaestus is an obedient but unwilling servant
* Thalia is doing everything possible to cross over into the American market
* Cronus is watching you
* Gaea is one of the biggest wrestling organizations in Japan and has very good reputation
* Galene is the toughest hike I have done in my life
* Hera is still as shy as she used to be
* Atropos is a babe
* Clotho is ready to cut it
* Cephalopod is not completely improbable
* Arcturus is slightly orange in color
* Cleaver is campaigning to rename the eggplant
Love, Loathe, Laugh
of Midnight discussses pieces to play in band, on bassoon
* Love: Marche des Parachutistes Belges (March of the Belgian Paratroopers) - Pierre Leemans
* Loathe: Amazing Grace - Frank Ticheli
* Laugh: Grand Serenade for an Awful Lot of Winds and Percussion - PDQ Bach
of Viridian discusses Atlantis
* Love: Treasure Haul
* Loathe: Can't ride on the sea monsters
* Laugh: Hera says,"Are you porting?"
of Midnight discusses OMs
* Love: The intense love story between Hera and Cronus. It's dramatic enough for a movie!
* Loathe: OMs always hiding aboard a ported ship when online (well, most of the time). /me wants to PvP them!
* Laugh: OMs' booches. Breaking game mechanics, accidental broadcasts, the usual
on Viridian (EmberLeo) discusses actual hats they have worn
* Love: Picture This: a high-quality black wool top hat adorned with purple, white, and grey feathers, a purple scarf, real bones, and a mardi gras mask. It's just the kind of hat that screams "bring me a cigar and a bottle of rum!" True, I only get to wear it when I'm, y'know, possed by a voodoo death god, but still...
* Loathe: It's kind of like a nurse's hat, only less symbolic. The green cloth isn't so bad, and the yellow trim is merely annoying but the shape is the single most unflattering object I've ever had to carry on my head. It's like somebody took a traffic cone, chopped off a middle section, covered it in brocade, and tied it to my head. The saving grace is that the eclesiastical robes that go with it are absoloutely gorgeous.
* Laugh: Three words: Golden. Glittery. Cowgirl. Yes, seriously - dance recitals are a goldmine of truly faaabulous hats, but this is hands down the most faaabulous hat I have ever been required to wear. It lives in the back of my car just waiting for me to find a queen faaabulous enough to get away with wearing it again.
of Viridian discusses tropical fruit
* Love: Guava. It is a fun word to growl. The juice is divine perfume. Absolutely gorgeous plant. And, if I bothered, it could be grown locally.
* Loathe: Durian. Alien eggs or our chitinous over-insect lords discarded armor pods? You tell me? I am just extremely glad the local market only stocks frozen whole durians, which I swear I can still smell.
* Laugh: Banana. The name so easy to stick into almost any song, although the muppet mah na man na is a favorite. The shape, good for playing phone to playing innuendo, a shape for all ages! The color, just silly bright. And when peeled, frozen and dipped in chocolate, the treat is locally called 'monkey tails'. Even sillier! I am playing phone with my monkey tail. Do do dododo Monkey Tail Do dodo do!
Top 15 Most Used Portrait Backgrounds
(during July 2009, not including Ice)
1. Sandy (the free one - around 40 times more frequent than next nearest!)
2. Kirppu's Garden Party
3. Bootlegpatch's Twilight Garden
4. Ship deck
5. Sharktail's Blooming Meadow
6. Romantic Sunset
7. Palm Tree
8. Ocean View
10. Journey to Atlantis
11. Beach Ship
12. Nordenx's God Games
13. Clear Skies
14. Iron Monger
Class of 2009 YearBook vote results
Most likely to succeed: Prometheus
Most likely to drink paint: Prometheus
Class clown: Prometheus
Best smile: Prometheus
Best dressed: Prometheus
Best hair: Prometheus
Best muttonchops: Prometheus
Best dancer: Prometheus
Prom King: Prometheus
Prom Queen: Prometheus
Cutest couple: Prometheus and Prometheus