Merry solstice, mates!
As the year draws to a close I thought I would give a little roundup of Three Rings' achievements this year and a hint at our plans for the next.
- Three Rings grew from 12 in the office to 25, we are now 30 full time staff and 15 part time. New arrivals at the office include Kate, artist, Nathan, software engineer, Brittney, artist, and Robin, software engineer. New Oceanmasters include Hephaestus and Aphrodite and our German lead, Endymion.
- The Ringers moved offices again, and began construction of the Nautilus in our back room.
- The Captain got a new visa, which means that the ladies of San Francisco are stuck with 'im for at another five more years! Muhahah.
- We did a bunch of good stuff on Puzzle Pirates, including Pets, Trophies, Rumble and more.
- We launched Bang! Howdy for hot cowboy on cowboy action
- Behind the scenes, we've developed our not-so-top-secret next project, MetaSoy, from a mere idea into something approaching playability. We're excited to show you in the New Year, though quite when in 2007 remains to be determined!
- We rolled out Opal and started down the road of internationalizing our games under our own banner
Dollars and Doubloons
- We doubled revenues (again) to ~$3M from ~$1.5M in 2005. Three Rings was profitable earlier this year, but we are investing for the future and so now we're losing a bit of money each month. Fortunately;
- To fund our glorious expansion we raised some investment money. The amount was a bit over one million dollars, which is not that much in the venture capital scheme of things, but comes in very handy for our modest needs.
Onward into 2007
Our wish list for the New Year is brief and to the point;
- We want to keep growing Puzzle Pirates, adding new features, new players, and new languages. We'll start by finishing off the present Slate o' planned features and then see what sounds best to you and us.
- We'll be building up Bang! Howdy's audience and distribution, plus adding new towns like Boom Town and features like Gangs
- We'd like to launch MetaSoy -- hopefully with a new, exciting and non-Tofu-oriented name. Suggestions encouraged!
- We'll continue to hire more mates, especially Engineers, but we're not in a hurry out of the gate. Three Rings has reached a great size and we're able to do a lot of things with our present crew.
- Most importantly, we'll keep having fun and keep keeping ya'll entertained
I'd like to once more thank you, our players, for your continued patronage. At Three Rings we endeavour to do only one thing; to create fun. Your endorsement of that fun by playing our games, and occasionally paying us for them, lends our lives purpose and allows us to continue to make new and exciting things, for Pirates, Cowboys and the many peculiar things that might come after them.
Captain Cleaver, aka Daniel James, CEO, Three Rings
Posted by Capn Cleaver in
Dec 22, 2006 |